Tuesday 21 April 2015

#Scraptastic Tuesday - April Winners!

Scraptastic Tuesday





Sorry been a bit slow to get going this morning!  The kids are back at school this week and I was on driving in duty!  

Yesterday and today I have been quilting my latest Siblings Together quilt - the July deadline (when summer camps start)  is getting ever closer and we still need plenty more quilts so I am doing my best to provide as many as I can. 

I am sure there are a few more in the process of being made elsewhere in the UK/world but I am a little nervous that we will not reach our 100 target and don't want to let those children down.

This has been a really easy quilt to put together using lots of scraps for my 'filling' - that is the most time consuming bit.  Making the blocks and the top itself is a bit of a doddle!  

As the blocks are not as flat and square as one might like them to be, quilting FMQ style, with a swirly pattern, seems to rectify a multitude of sins!   The swirliness seems to draw up and gather any excess - could be my favourite pattern and certainly one I don't have to think much about.

Here is my progress ...

The close up - first clear shot of the two coloured background




The back - best view of the quilting - not finished yet though...



And how it looks on the front!   Hope to finish today or tomorrow....keep your fingers crossed for me!


And now some news of our winners this month....


Thank you as ever to our generous sponsors:








Here are our lucky winners, an email will come out to you later today to connect you with your prizes:
  • Massdrop - a bundle including Aurifil Mako 50-weight 1,422-yard spool of thread in Dove (2600), Natural White (2021), and Light Beige (2310) - 59 Judith from Just Jude




    A big thank you to everyone who linked up to  join Leanne from She Can Quilt and I for April's Scraptastic Tuesday Link Up. You can visit there anytime to check out everyone's projects. We hope you will join us again for the May link up, on the second Tuesday which will be Tuesday May 12, 2015.

    5 comments:

    1. This is a cute quilt and gratulations to the winners, you are so lucky.
      Greetings,
      Sylvia

      ReplyDelete
    2. Am I missing the link up button somewhere? Leeanna

      ReplyDelete
    3. Loving the progress on Plum Duff!! And thank you for another win!! Yippee! Jxo

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love Raspberry ripple! Thank you for my prize!

      ReplyDelete

    Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...