Monday 14 May 2012

Will it Cock-a-doodle-do??

I am intending to make three quilts for Siblings Together.  I have made one and have bought fabric for a second but not settled on the design yet!


Browsing the flickr threads I put my hand up for some cute fabric from Yvonne for a third quilt - but I was too late!  The lovely Yvonne (found here on Flickr and blogging here with Reene!) offered some other fabric if I wanted it!?


You guessed - I grabbed it and followed her advice on the pattern to use and here is the result so far!








A real chooky quilt top and back!  


The blocks were made using a Moda Farmyard charm pack and some banana yellow fabric strips from Yvonne.  Who'd have thought that chicken and banana went so well together!?  


Then I added some more Banana for a border, followed by some Ruby Red from my stash!  


I have some cooky chooky fabric for the back 










and Yvonne sent some stripes which I will use for the binding!








Just need some more wadding/batting - always seem to be running out - must mean I am getting quilts finished!  Heehee!


So do you think it will cock-a-doodle do?



15 comments:

  1. How do you find the time to make all these quilts?!!!!! I can barely fit in time to eat enough chocolate let alone the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chick chick chick chick Chicken! Cute Nicky, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it will do just fine! It is a great little quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken and banana = chicken maryland. Great quilt Nicky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fabulous - I love the backing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cutie is something to crow about! ;o)

    Well done, Nikky. You are stitching machine and your quilts are going to be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you trying to see how many cocks you can get in this post?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool quilt pattern. Never seen that fabric before, but it looks fun!
    Check eBay for wadding they have some great deals!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it will pass muster... not mustard though, that would be bad, especially as the carrots on the back must already make the chickens feel nervous ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome!! Maybe that's where I'm going wrong... eating too much chocolate! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those chooks are adorable! But bananas and chicken? Meeeeeeeh! jxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. you speedy thing!
    It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it - love the farmyard squares and that chook backing is so cute especially with those little carrots :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cock-a-doodling fantastic! Great job. I'm aiming for three too. One made, two pieced, probably could blog about them, lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. It'll more than doodle dooo, it's fab! I'm very impressed with your quilty- turnout - Terri (Mish Mash Mama) and I are meeting tomorrow to make one quilt between us! you put us to shame! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...