Friday 19 August 2011

Garden Borders of the Friendship variety...

I have at last found time to cut up the fabric for my applique border background - a bit boring I know - just marbled cream fabric but it is what goes on it that is the interesting bit I hope.  I have run out of the cream with gold dot which I used  for the squares but hope it will not be too obvious - or I will just have to do some French knots or something!


I have sewn the borders onto the quilt as per instructions so this will not be a take along project but I guess it needs to be attached to get accurate placement.  This is a BIG quilt and I haven't even layered it up yet!  The other third is on the other side of the banister!






I have pinned on the green swags and stars on one side to get an idea of how it will look. 












The next thing is to baste down those pieces so I can stitch away without pins!  


Wish me luck with my re-acquaintance with applique! 






And just because she is beautiful......and keeps me company when I am sewing...here is miss Saffy!









6 comments:

  1. that's great you have put on the borders, that applique will be a lot of work but every stitch is one stitch closer to finishing!
    Love Saffy's markings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miss Saffy. That border for the quilt is a whole project in itself. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful quilt top!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saffy is so sweet :) This quilt is so beautiful...and the border will be just as lovely! I can't wait to see it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you'll get quickly into your applique groove! Good luck! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what a stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...